Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dirty Dancing, The Movie

My all-time favorite movies with dancing in it would have to be Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey. Even though this movie came out five years before I was born, my mother got me attached to this movie. I fell in love with the way the actors and actresses danced among each other. It brought connection between two strangers who happened to fall in love with one another and they came together due to dancing. There are a variety of types of dancing they do throughout this movie.

There were types of dancing that inspired me to learn more about dancing. Such as grinding, this movie here being based on the 1980's. If a boy and girl was to grind in front of family or basically anyone you could be looked down upon because of these vulgar movement between partners. Also there was other beautiful dance styles in the movie as well. Like salsa, cha-cha, and the final dance in the movie was pachenga. My all time dance was the pachenga, due to how beautiful and flow the dance was. My dream still today is to dance with a man like in the movie. 
  In 2004 they came out with a different version of the original "Dirty Dancing". This is a movie with a little bit of grinding in it but based in the 1950's. This was a big no no in Cuba and between two backgrounds. It all began when two teens decided to pair up for the Cuba Ballroom contest. They began to keep it a secret between there families. The day of the contest both of their families were stunned. Both movies are great and if your a dance lover like myself, you will love these movies just as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment